Web Analytics

Thursday, January 2, 2014

world premier video

Snowed in and time to blog! Though I've enjoyed a relaxing few days of holiday break with friends and family (first to Craig's parents' in Knoxville, TN and now at my house in MA), I don't have any real exciting updates on the medical front. It turns out my headache didn't get the vacation memo? I'm trying to remain optimistic that my nerve ablation could still kick in some relief and should have a more accurate understanding of that likelihood next Monday when I see Dr. Schurgin for a follow-up. Veronika (one of my PTs) also let me know that she's been researching and studying some advanced techniques on C1, 2, and 3 to try when I see her next Tuesday.

So last weekend, I roadtripped to Saratoga to meet up with my friend Nick, who's working as a PA in an orthopedics clinic outside of Rochester, NY. Like many of the doctors I've seen since getting the digital motion x-ray (DMX) done this fall, he wasn't aware that such an imaging modality existed and suggested that I post the actual video, which I agreed was a good idea. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

From a diagnostic standpoint, this was a huge breakthrough for me. Whereas the static films hadn't shown any abnormalities, the DMX is what uncovered the ligament instability in my upper cervical spine. Granted, this one piece of information wasn't the solution in itself, though it's certainly helping to steer my pursuit of treatment in a more purposeful direction. Quite honestly, I don't understand why every sports medicine doctor wouldn't be utilizing this technology.

Click here to learn a little more about Digital Motion X-Ray.
"We believe that the future of medical imaging should follow the principles of biomechanics and the human body as an active entity rather than a motionless object."


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS